Role: Quality Inspector
Hours: Monday to Thursday 07:00 - 16:00 / Friday 07:00 – 15:30
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Norwich, NR5, UK
Polar Manufacturing Ltd is a subsidiary within Group Polar Ltd that manufactures carbon fibre and composite components. Polar incorporates engineering, design, 3D scanning, CNC machining and spray coating at their facilities in both the UK and the UAE. Polar serves a broad spectrum of industry sectors which includes: Automotive, Defence, Sport & Leisure, Communications, Alternative Energy, Marine and Medical.
As Quality Inspector for Polar Manufacturing, you will be responsible for all in-process and final inspection activities along with assisting in the development of a fast-paced, customer-focused quality department. Reporting to the QHSE Manager, you will play a proactive role in continuous improvement activities within the business and be part of a team setting and maintaining standards for both parts and processes.
- Inspecting parts to visual and dimensional standards, ensuring that customer specifications are achieved
- Accurately documenting and analysing reject and rework activities
- Processing manufacturing inspection data to drive improvement activities and maintain component traceability
- Assist in the verification of tooling with use of measurement equipment
- Work with operational staff to ensure procedures, standards and systems are maintained, improved and monitored
- Engage with suppliers and customers to resolve or prevent product concerns
- Work within Health and Safety guidelines at all times
- Maintain all company tools and equipment in a safe and clean workable condition
- Working to achieve quality targets set for the department
Skills and experience required:
- Previous experience of working in a quality assurance or continuous improvement environment
- Use of measuring equipment desirable (digital callipers, micrometres, CMM, Creo form Metrascan or similar 3D scanning equipment)
- Ability to read, understand and interpret engineering drawings or customer specifications
- A strong attention to detail
- Use of Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel
- An organised, systematic and resilient approach to work
- Dynamic, self-motivated and reliable
- Great communication skills and team player
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
What can we offer you?
- Generous basic salary
- 23 days’ holiday + bank holidays
- Company pension
- Fantastic team environment
If you wish to apply for the role of Quality Inspector, please send a copy of your up-to-date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Group Polar Ltd and its subsidiaries are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Please note: At Polar we value all applications however cannot respond to all submissions. If you have not heard from us in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.